If you are annoyed to know the troubleshooting steps involved for Linksys WiFi range extender setup, then this post will be a lot helpful to you.
But prior to initiating our discussion for easy to execute steps involved for Linksys extender setup, let us first discuss what is a Linksys WiFi range extender.
The Linksys smart wireless range extenders are also known as signal boosters, range expanders, and wireless repeaters that lets you repeat the internet signals coming out of your main access point or WiFi router in order to provide the internet connectivity in hard to reach areas (dead zones) via a wireless or wired connection.
Now let’s move forward to set up a Linksys WiFi range extender. Let’s get started.
Handy Steps to Setup Linksys WiFi range extender in existing WiFi network
Your Linksys device can easily be set up in two easy and handy ways:
- Manual method.
- WPS method.
Well, in this method, you are supposed to require to perform various steps manually.
- Power on the Linksys range extender by plugging it into an electric wall socket. Make sure to place it nearby your existing WiFi router.
- After that, establish the link between your range extender and computer or laptop, with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser Like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox on your computer or laptop.
- Enter http://extender.linksys.com into the address bar field. If this doesn’t work, then you can also enter 192.168.1.1 (default IP address) instead of the mentioned web URL.
- Once done, enter username and password by default.
- Once you have typed the default login credentials carefully and successfully, click on Log in. This will redirect you to Linksys WiFi range extender setup wizard automatically.
- Click on ‘Wireless’ > ‘Basic Wireless Settings’.
- Now, in the next step, you will be provided an option to choose among Manual or WiFi Protected Setup. You are supposed to choose the ‘Manual setup’.
- Next, you will be asked to enter Network name (SSID). Please enter your router’s SSID here.
- Enter the password of your home WiFi network and click on ‘Save setting’ option.
Congrats! Your Linksys WiFi range extender is configured successfully.
At last, you can place your router and the range extender to your perferred location and enjoy the fast and furious internet connectivity all over the house.
WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS)
This method can be used for Linksys Initial Setup in two easy ways. That is:
- By physically pressing and holding WPS button present on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- With the help of extender.linksys.com i.e. web-based web-page.
This all depends on your wish that by which method you wanna go with.
Pressing and Holding the WPS Button Manually
- First of alll, press and hold the WPS button gently on your Linksys WiFi range extender. When you see the LED lights on your device has started blinking, release the button slowly.
- After a couple of minutes, apply the same process on your main WiFi router as well.
- For more help, interact with our technical department via toll-free number mentioned above.
Using Web-based Setup page of Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Under this method, you will be given three options. A user can choose among them as per their need. These options are:
WiFi Protected Setup button
- For this, you are supposed to establish the connection between computer/ laptop and Linksys WiFi range extender. You can easily do this either by using an Ethernet cable or via WiFi mode.
- After that, visit Linksys extender login page by typing linksys extender.linksys.com in the address bar of an internet browser.
- Select ‘Wireless’ and after that, ‘Basic Wireless Settings’ options.
- Select ‘WPS’ among Manual method or the WPS method.
The second option includes entering the ‘PIN’ number of your client device and click on ‘register button’.
The third option is entering the ‘PIN number’ shown on your computer or laptop.
If you want to know the status of Linksys extender, then without any delay get in touch with our finest, certified, and highly-qualified technicians via aforementioned toll-free number.