Extender Setup Issues and Fixes
A Range Extender can be used to boost the existing router range and coverage. Linksys range extender can be the best bet when it comes to extend WiFi signals with a cost-effective solution. To install Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup manually, follow the steps below:
- Power on the extender.
- Connect computer or laptop to a fast internet connection.
- Open a web browser and type http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- 192.168.1.1 can also be used as web address to open Linksys Extender Login page.
- Fill in the username and password.
- Select router’s network.
- Enter the password to continue.
- Click on the manual option.
- Reboot the extender once.
If you had configured Linksys Extender Setup by wrong configuration or forget password, resetting the extender is only solution. After resetting, the extender behaves like a brand new device. All your customized settings will be deleted. You can note down the changed setting values to re-apply them after resetting. Here are the steps to reset Linksys WiFi Range Extender:
- On a computer, go to extender.linksys.com web page via a browser.
- Linksys Extender Setup will open.
- Select Factory Default option.
- Click on Restore Configuration button.
- Finally, save all setting changes done by you.
extender.linksys.com is meant for logging in to Linksys Extender. After login, users can change network name, wireless security, password and much more. Let’s have a look at the steps to log in to Linksys WiFi Range Extender:
- Turn on the range extender.
- Make a reliable connection between the extender and computer.
- Launch an internet browser and navigate to http://extender.linksys.com web-based page.
- Use keyboard to type login credentials i.e. username and password.
Linksys Connect software provides many powerful tools to manage wireless home or office network. These tools include parental controls, security settings, advanced settings, guest access and a lot more. Linksys Connect comes along with Linksys Smart WiFi or WiFi Routers. The software gets installed when the Setup CD is being run on a computer. It makes managing and sharing network resources easier than ever. To launch this software on computer, open the search bar and type Linksys Connect. Double-click on Linksys Connect. In case you can’t find Linksys Connect, it means it is not installed on your PC yet. So, download the latest version of Linksys Connect Setup Wizard. Dial 1-844-748-5637 for any technical assistance during the downloading process and our experts will resolve setup issues.
Though Linksys Extenders work with almost every router, yet there are times when the extender cannot get connected to existing router or access point. In order to overcome this issue, walk through the instructions given below:
- Make sure both the extender and router are turned on properly.
- Place extender away from metal objects like cordless phones, microwave ovens, electric iron and similar devices to reduce signal obstructions.
- Avoid putting the router near walls and reflective surfaces like mirrors and glass.
- Check if the wall socket in which the extender is plugged in is damage-free.
- Verify whether Ethernet cable has cuts in it. If it has, replace it with a new one immediately.