The process of Linksys extender setup completely depends on the model number of WiFi range extender you use. Every model has its own settings and configuration so that you must need to know about right model number. Extender.linksys.com is the default address meant for configuring all models of Linksys Extenders. Basically, the web address http://extender.linksys.com is known as Linksys extender setup page. Extender.linksys.com is not a website where users need to enter any information or data. Instead, it redirects to Linksys WiFi range extender setup page.
Different models of Linksys Wireless Range Extenders
Linksys extenders are available in different models such as Linksys RE6700 AC1200, RE9000 MU-MIMO, RE6800 AC1750, RE7000 AC1900, RE6500HG AC1200, RE6500 AC1200, RE6400 AC1200, RE6350 AC1200, RE6300 AC750, RE6250 AC750, RE4100W N600, RE4000W N600, RE3000W N300, RE2000 N600 and much more. Users can select any one model according to their need. All of these models are powerful enough to remove dead zones from home or workplace. Best of all, they are cost-effective. The range extenders come with various LED lights which indicate the status of Linksys extender.
Find the model number of Linksys Extender
In order to complete Linksys extender setup without any issues, find out the model number of extender. Generally, the model number is present at the top side of Linksys extender. If model number is not followed by any version number, it means the extender is of version 1.
For older Linksys range extenders, the model number can be found at the bottom side of device. But at times, the sticker which contains the model number is missing or damaged. In this case, users can take help from our professionals on toll-free 1-844-748-5637. They will provide some simple easy to follow steps to find the model number easily.
Complete Guide to Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup
- Manually Configure Linksys Extenders
It hardly takes any minute to install and configure Linksys WiFi range extender setup manually. Just some simple steps and you are done.
- To get started with Linksys extender setup, get the basic information about the router such as network channel, network name or SSID, network password etc.
- Reset the extender to default factory settings.
- Power on the extender.
- Connect extender to computer or laptop.
- Open any browser and type extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- If you find any problem while accessing Linksys initial setup page, get technical assistance from our experts on Toll Free 1-844-748-5637.
- Enter username and password to log in.
- The basic home screen will appear.
- Type the network name of router.
- Select the manual option.
- Turn off the extender for some time and turn it on again.
Thus, you have completed Linksys WiFi range extender setup manually.
Quick Tip: To make sure that the extender has been set up properly, access DHCP table of router and check whether the extender is listed there or not. If not, give us a call on 1-844-748-5637 and discuss all your queries with experts. They will not only guide you about Linksys WiFi range extender setup but also remain connected with you until your extender has been set up completely.
- Linksys Initial Setup using WPS
WPS is an abbreviation for WiFi protected setup. Basically, it is a security standard for wireless network which is used to make connections between wireless devices and router. Here, we will provide the basic do-follow steps for WPS configuration of Linksys extender:
- Plug in the extender to an electrical outlet.
- Press WPS button.
- There is a WPS LED which show the status of Linksys extender.
- WPS LED (Light Emitting Diode) will turn to orange showing extender is getting configured with router.
- After a gap of few minutes, WPS LED will become green. It shows the connection is successful.
- If you own dual-band extender, repeat the steps.
Now, Linksys extender has been set up using WPS. If at any point you need help, feel free to seek advise from our Technical Support Department by dialing toll-free 1-844-748-5637.