Linksys extender setup can be said a remedy to all issues related to WiFi network connectivity. Wireless extenders are also dubbed range expanders or WiFi boosters which might be supposed to extend the coverage area of your present router. As soon as you’ve completed the setup procedure of your Linksys range extender without any issue, then you don’t have to roam here and there in search for steady and strong wireless signals.
Before you get started with the extender setup, get to know your extender properly to take advantage of it.
Getting Familiar with Your WiFi Extender
To perform Linksys WiFi range extender setup in an appropriate manner, you need to be aware of its buttons, ports, and LED lights. A Linksys extender includes three main panels:
The front panel of the extender comes with a LED light that offers you information related to WPS setup and power. In case this light blinks, it means that the extender is performing resetting process or firmware updating process. On the other hand, if it shows a solid color, it indicates that the extender is all set to use.
This panel incorporates an Ethernet port, a power switch, an audio port and a WiFi protected setup button. By using an Ethernet port, you may join more than one wired devices to the extender. Alternatively, the audio port is meant for connecting an audio system with the extender. WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) button comes handy for those folks who want to complete Linksys range extender setup manually. A power switch is intended to switch on/off the extender.
This panel contains only the reset button. Once you press this button, the extender will restore the default factory settings. All the customized settings will be deleted. In addition, you can even reset the extender by accessing Linksys extender login web page.
Important Tips for Linksys Initial Setup
- Put your WiFi extender in a neat and clean room.
- Your extender is supposed to be outside the range of metallic items and electric gadgets.
- Input the correct URL for Linksys initial setup.
- The router and web browser you use should be up-to-date.
- Place all your WiFi devices far from Bluetooth speakers, metal appliances, cordless phones, and digital devices.
- Whilst connecting your router to the extender, remember the fact that it shouldn’t be located under a desk, lower back of any tool or interior a cupboard.
After completing the configuration steps effectively, make a connection between your Linksys extender and smart devices such as a tablet, computer, phone, or laptop and start enjoying the internet speed everywhere in the house or workplace without buffering. Check the status of Linksys extender once before connecting.
Complete Steps to Install and Configure Linksys WiFi Extender
Be certain to consider the above-mentioned tips while making your range extender up and running. Here are the steps to set up the extender on your own:
- Keep your WiFi extender to a suitable place.
- Plug it right into a wall outlet and turn it on.
- Take your laptop, PC or Mac and power it on.
- Access a high-speed internet connection on your computer.
- Thereafter, pull up an internet browser as per your preference and input extender.linksys.com into the address bar.
- Set up the security settings to complete the installation and configuration of the extender.
And there you are. Your Linksys range extender has been set up. In case you experience any type of issues, feel free to get in touch with our skilled technicians at toll-free number 1-844-748-5637 and get instant solutions.